14 Nov ABB’s New LED Lighting Dimmer is the Latest Release in Their Expanding Product Range
ABB are expanding its product range for lighting control, introducing a new Busch-Universal master dimmer which uses transistor technology. ABB, who started its cooperation with Philips who are the world’s leading manufacturer of LED lamps and LED lights in 2010, now develop LED dimmers. Their attest contribution makes it possible to control LED lamps, as well as offering a control to dim conventional incandescent lamps, 230 V halogen lamps and low-voltage halogen lamps.
ABB’s new Universal master dimmer key features include:
- touch dimmer with local operation
- adjustable minimum / maximum brightness
- staircase light function with automatic switch-off function
- pre-warning function according to DIN 18015-2
- harmonious and flicker-free dimming process
- no humming or buzzing due to transistor technology
- numerous practical special features, including memory function, snooze and wake-up and nursery settings
Dave O’Reilly, owner of Tec Services, a company based in Dublin who specialise in the supply and installation of LED lighting, says that the company will be putting the dimmer to the test on a refurbishment and extension to an architect-owned home.
Dave explains “the owner wants dimming in the kitchen controlled from two different points and the switches that were going to go in were not compatible with the LED lighting chosen. These new dimmer units from ABB will make it much easier to generally retrofit and the fact that it’s not a big, cumbersome unit means that it will blend it much better in this application.”