Electric car charging

Electric car charging posts are becoming very popular in the electric vehicle industry. New products are being developed every few months .The basic source of charging is a secure post with a socket which can be accessed by an electronic tag . This technology is developing fast  some companies supply double sockets , electronic displays , consumption monitoring and quick charging etc .

 

The Secretary of State for Transport announced on 19th February 2013 a new package of measures to support the uptake of Plug-In vehicles in the UK.

 

The government committed £400 million to encourage the purchasing of full electric and electric hybrid vehicles of which £37 million has been directly allocated for the installation of tens of thousands of EV charging points throughout the UK.

 

This £37 million represents approximately 60% grant towards the installation of EV charging points which in effect means that by the time the private sector has covered the remaining 40%, a total of £62 million will be spent on government-supported EV charging points by April 2015.

 

In addition, it is believed that a further £10 to £15 million worth of privately-funded EV charging station installations will take place during this period in order to satisfy planning permission requirements and the anticipated demand for accessible EV charging stations.

 

The majority of electric car charging points feature the common standard of Mode 3 Type 2 recharging, suitable for most electric vehicles. The rate at which an electric vehicle charges depends on the power output from the electrical supply, the charge cable, the capability of the charge point, the size of the battery pack and the rate at which the charger in the electric vehicle can charge the battery. The higher the kW rating of the power supply and the charge point, the faster the charge point will charge the battery — so long as the charger will accept the charge at the same rate.

 

The charging terminology used by Charge Your Car is:

Charge point capability Electrical power supply Approximate charge time
3kW AC 13/16amp 220-240V 6–8 hours
7kW AC 32amp 220-240V 3–4 hours
21kW AC 32amp 415V 1–2 hours
50kW DC 80amp 415V 20–30 mins

 

All electrical vehicle charging points are designed and installed to stop potential vandalism and are fully compliant with all electrical security regulations.

 

To find out more, please call us on 0113 4180143 or click here to email us.

 

  


Advise . Design . Supply . Install






       logo