P.A.T testing or Portable Appliance Testing is an important part of any health & safety policy. This page is intended as a guide to both the legal implications and to the technical requirements.
The Health & Safety Executive states that 25% of all reportable electrical accidents involve portable appliances. The Electricity at Work Regulations place a legal responsibility on employers, employees and self-employed persons to comply with the provisions of the regulations and take reasonably practical steps to ensure that no danger results from the use of such equipment. This in effect requires the implementation of a systematic and regular program of maintenance, inspection and testing.
The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) places such an obligation in the following circumstances:
1. Where appliances are used by employees.
2. Where the public may use appliances in establishments such as hospitals, schools, hotels, shops etc.
3. Where appliances are supplied or hired.
4. Where appliances are repaired or serviced.
We include many services in our rates that other companies charge extra for,Such as;
• Replacement plugs and fuses
• Minor repairs
• Re-testing after repair
• Out of hours and weekend testing
• Certificate and test results within 48 hours
• Microwave radiation emission testing
Up to 37 items, Fixed Price of £49.00
Items 38 to 50 = £1.30 per item
Items 51 to 100 = £1.10 per item
Items 101 to 500 = £0.95 per item
Items 501 to 2000 = £0.80 per item
Items 2001 to 5000 = £0.65 per item
Items 5001 to 10,000 = £0.50 per item
All prices are subject to VAT.
JLM Electrical can offer a fabulous service to Companies and Individuals. All our engineers have a minimum of 5 years experience within the industry and are City and Guilds 2377 Qualified.
To find out more, please call us on 0113 4180143 or click hereto email us.